Black & Veatch Project Field Manager/Site Manager (EPC) – Contract in Bangkok, Thailand
Project Field Manager/Site Manager (EPC) – Contract
With the exception of the supply of the Gas Turbine & Steam Turbine Black & Veatch is responsible for the engineering, procurement, site technical management and startup activities for a 2 x 700MW combined cycle power plant in Thailand.
The Project Field Manager will be responsible for
• Leading site management team and responsible for all onsite activities including construction and commissioning;
• Technical leadership of the site including the oversight and direction of the Construction partner
• Continuation of the positive client relationship
• Reviewing and updating the construction execution plan;
• Review and refine the plan as the Project progresses;
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for implementing and updating the Construction Execution Plan.
• Reviews and refines the plan as the project progresses.
• Directs overall construction effort including coordination of erection activities, suppliers, startup and testing activities, and the owner.
• Directs implementation of the Construction Processes and Procedures Manual (CPPM) and insures requests for deviations are submitted when necessary.
• Manages overall construction management and startup cost to meet established budgets.
• Reviews, analyzes, and reports monthly on project construction management budget, safety, schedule, and quality performance and takes appropriate action to return the project to plan.
• Directs implementation of established project controls processes and procedures
• Establishes and maintains relationships and develops a high level of trust and credibility with clients, owners, alliance partners, craft labor, subcontractors, and suppliers.
• Leads the site management team.
• Directs implementation of project construction Safety & Health and Loss Control procedures and is responsible for ensuring that the project meets the agreed safety targets.
• Directs implementation of project quality assurance procedures and is responsible for ensuring that the established level of quality is achieved.
• Directs implementation of project commissioning and testing plan and is responsible for ensuring that the necessary resources are provided to commissioning.
• Directs implementation of project field materials management procedures.
• Approves field purchases, equipment rentals, extra work authorizations, B&V professional time sheets, and B&V professional expense reimbursements.
• Coordinates with project manager to identify and execute change orders to contract with owner.
• Directs the resolution of all back charges, collection of conformed to construction records, and other contract closeout activities.
• Establishes project field staffing needs and coordinates with Project Manager and construction department to staff project field office.
• Mentors project field staff, promotes internal and external team building, and maintains morale.
• Adheres to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs in accordance with C&P Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
• Is responsible for producing and implementing site specific procedures as required. Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value.
• Champions implementation of LEAN concepts and continuous improvement efforts.
• Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
• Acts as project manager with responsibilities for the management of a multi discipline project team.
• Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Degreed: Extensive experience (10+ years) on similar projects in construction management role with a minimum of 3 years experience at PFM 1. Non-Degreed: Extensive experience (15+ years) with 5 years at construction management role on smaller projects or 3 years as PFM 1.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering/Construction/Equivalent
• At least 20 years of relevant experience in power plant construction and commissioning, of which 10 years must be functioning at site managerial level.
• Specific experience of working successfully with combined cycle power plants would be highly advantageous.
• Demonstrated success in leading and working collaboratively with multidisciplinary site, engineering staff and contracted resources.
• Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels in English.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.