Black & Veatch Construction Associate in Bangkok, Thailand
Accountable for performing various assignments relating to all groups in the Construction Division. This position builds spreadsheets, analyzes trends, communicates information to site staff/departments, travels to construction sites, and performs other general work for construction departments or works in the field directly for the project assisting in all any areas of field operations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists with project controls activities including tracking cost and developing schedules. Develops spreadsheets as requested.
• Assists field staff in any areas of operation (facilitators, inspectors, project controls, safety, etc.)
• Assists with construction estimates.
• Assists in pre-planning safety & health activities. Audits construction activities for compliance with company and project safety & health requirements. Assists in execution of safety & health program elements for their respective field.
• Performs shop inspections with the quality group. Reviews codes and requirements. May work with material applications.
• Assists procurement with logistics activities, packaging subcontracts for construction projects, and working with site materials management.
• Assists startup in the home office with proposal preparation, commodity evaluations, and spreadsheet tools development.
• Assists startup in the field with progress tracking, cost evaluations, turnover package development, system walkdowns, and punchlist maintenance.
• Performs various other assignments at the request of construction management.
• Analyzes and communicates results of designated assignments.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BS in Construction Science, Engineering, or Management, or a senior in one of these programs.
• Analytical skills
• Multi-tasking skills
• Communications skills, both written and oral
• Initiative, self starter, highly motivated
• Attention to detail
• Interpersonal skills
• Mathematical skills
• Problem solving skills
• Computer skills
• Basic understanding of construction principles
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.