Black & Veatch Data Manager-Project Scientist in Alpharetta, Georgia
Data Manager-Project Scientist
Business Line:Govt Federal SE
Provide environmental support through the development of performance of field studies, environmental assessments, and completion of permit/license applications for domestic or international projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Data Manager/Project Scientist will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
• Organize, document and track the Electronic Data Deliverables (EDDs) from all field work completed by Black & Veatch.
• Upload EDDs to EPA for Black & Veatch’s internally generated data.
• Provide additional quality assurance on EDDs and upload to EQuIS.
• Communicate with data providers to ensure the correct meta data for submissions and directives for error corrections.
• Project newly installed sampling locations onto mapping for verification of coordinates.
• Update and modify Valid Values in EQuIS.
• Maintain EQuIS™ Enterprise: set up users and roles; validate the workflows; assist Project Managers with dashboards; set up automated email reporting; and set up new facilities and projects.
• Communicate with Project Managers defining reporting requirements.
• Manipulate database to provide analytical data summary tables for reports.
• Identify data gaps.
• Organize and schedule on-site and on-line Trainings.
• Implement and recommend operating methods to improve processing, distribution, data flow, collection and database editing procedures.
• Conduct literature surveys and assist in preparation of sampling plans.
• Participate in environmental studies (may include risk assessments, environmental audits, permit applications, remedial investigations, feasibility studies, etc.) to collect primary baseline data for projects.
• Establish and maintain required files to document reference, consultation, analytical methods, and rationale used in reaching conclusions.
• May require occasional participation in field work.
• Other duties: Implement the developed project strategies including study plans, budgets and schedules, review scientific studies and reports for completeness, technical quality and logic.
Minimum of 5 years’ of experience performing science related activities. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
• Experience with common environmental data workflows, particularly with analytical labs and consultants
• Experience with the reporting and graphing needs of project managers
• Experience with GIS and relational database integration
• Knowledge of relational databases in general and EQuIS in particular. SQL knowledge also a plus.
• Interpersonal/human relations, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and work productively in a collaborative environment
• High initiative with an ability to work with minimal supervision
• Service oriented
U.S. Citizenship Status
Applicants must be United States citizens or permanent residents. Only in the absence of qualified U.S. citizens will permanent residents who are citizens of countries specified as exceptions to the appropriations act ban on paying non- U.S. citizens be considered.
Applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental or Geological Sciences, Biology, Engineering, or related field and a minimum of 8 years of experience. Education may be supplemented with four additional years of related experience.
Specialized training and/or experience preferred
Relational data management experience using EarthSoft’s EQuIS. Experience with LIMS, ESRI’s ArcGIS, Rockworks, and Hydro Analysis’ EnviroInsite are all desirable.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.